Jan 2009 – Present: IBM – Team Lead, Client Enablement Operations Team, Web Solutions Enablement (WSE) team
Support Sales team, Project Managers, Solution Designers, and Development team for North American Web Solutions Enablement (WSE) projects. Responsible for 5 key areas on every project WSE team delivered: Support, Metrics, Testing, Business Controls, and Standards. Provide level 1 and level 2 support for all applications to clients and internal sales and fulfillment teams. Report weekly to management team with proper metrics for each application. Provide pre- and post-deployment testing of all applications. Maintain proper records for audit teams regarding all applications. Develop and maintain list of standards for teams worldwide to use in their applications. Ensure local team adheres to those standards.
- Part of the team when the NA ibm.com geography was the first to reach $2 Billion in web sales in one year (YE 2009)
- Helped deploy 19 new Web workflow solutions via the WSE application. This accomplishment represents the highest new client total in history.
July 2006 to Jan 2009: IBM – Project Manager, North American Web Solutions Enablement (WSE) team
Establish WSE as a method of delivering customized solutions to internal and external customers. Develop original workflows and timelines for the team on how to deliver WSE projects. Deliver quality projects on time. Implement new technologies into our tools as they become available.
- Delivered two major and about 7 minor updates to IBM’s Cisco Order Tool (COT), including being the first team in the the world to implement B2B web services in an application. This application went on to be the worldwide standard tool to use for ordering Cisco products and IBM services together.
- Generated following revenue amounts: $40M in 2010; $20M in 2009; $10M in 2008; $8M in 2007; $3M in 2006
- Within first six months, delivered documentation and a set of standards for how we deliver applications to our clients.This went on to be the standards for all documentation for the next five years.
Jan 2006 to June 2006: IBM – Test Lead for US Common Commerce Engine (CCE) team
Responsible for testing a major release of the code that runs the online sales portion of the ibm.com website. Provide regular reports on the status of testing to a global audience. Recruit testers throughout the local ibm.com team. Coordinate testers and test plans to ensure all portions of the code were thoroughly tested.
- Successfully executed all test plans on time
- Led daily phone calls on test status with a variety of team members from
- Coordinated training sessions with the sales teams and the education team. Achieved 100% sales team attendance to multiple sessions.
June 2005 to Jan 2006: IBM – Team Lead: Personal Pages
Coordinate development and content management efforts between the local content management team and the co-located product development team. Second line of support for the US team for major issues that arose after we determined it wasn’t an issue that we needed to fix.
- Assist multiple departments with analysis and development of business processes to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service, and that regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
Dec 2004 to June 2005: IBM – Assistant Project Manager for the sale of PC division to Lenovo
Assist the Project Manager for our department in preparing for the sale of the PC Division to Lenovo. Collect data for and create weekly status reports. Deliver reports to the senior management team when the Project Manager was unavailable. Work with the various teams to assist them in determining the tasks they needed to complete for the transition.
- Consistently maintained a green status through project completion, delivering all objectives ahead of schedule.
- Was one of three people in our department to remain with IBM upon completion of the sale.
July 1999 to Dec 2004: IBM – Team Lead for US PC Essentials team
Responsible for delivery of electronic data to the ibm.com team and the business partner catalog teams through three custom designed Lotus Notes applications. Design and implement business controls to ensure accuracy and quality for data we were responsible to deliver. Continuously work with the local and worldwide teams to deliver process efficiencies. Collaborate with the local, worldwide and various country teams to agree upon requirements to deliver for the latest releases of the applications we used to deliver data. Interface with other business units to ensure that the database supports the underlying business processes. Perform usability analysis and design of the web-based front end. Create use cases and acceptance testing requirements for each localized release of our application suite.
- Managed team effort achieving from $1.1 to $3.1 billion in sales each year.
- Expanded use of IT systems from supporting one route to supporting five routes. Led to revenue growth in certain areas by almost 200% year over year.
- Enhanced data delivery systems by assisting with the transition from a Lotus Notes based system to a DB2 based system for information delivery. This in turn saved our department $250K by automating data delivery and moving other processes to the global team.
- Reduced open tickets on data issues by 75% by implementing a new tracking system for announcement of product data.
- Saved department $250K by completing transition and shut down of two of our major deliverables
- Designed, installed, and maintained a multi node wireless B network for x users in a xxxx sf leased space
June 1998 to July 1999: IBM – Data entry team for US PC Essentials team
Responsible for entering data into custom designed Lotus Notes databases. Ensure accuracy and quality of data we delivered. Automate portions of my responsibilities where possible.
- Reduced time taken to input data by 90% by writing scripts that automated the data entry process
- Developed a repeatable system to update data on a daily basis ensuring 100% data accuracy.
to May 1998: Virtus Corporation – Marketing Systems Manager
Responsible for developing and maintaining the sales force automation system that delivered leads to the sales team for making cold calls on a daily basis. Completed this role by defining the data tables, performing use-case analysis, building SQL queries and reports, integrating with a web-based system, and authoring training and documentation for the system.
- Key input with sales and marketing teams to drive annual sales of $1 million after designing, selecting and implementing an in-house sales force automation system for under $1000.
- Achieved a cold call success rate of 3% based on the quality of leads we provided to the team. (Industry standard is 1%.)
Feb 1996 to : Virtus Corporation – Customer Support Specialist
Answer phone calls and emails supporting Windows and Mac versions of Virtus’ products. Provide pre-sales support to the sales team and customers. Provide input on technical documentation before delivery of new releases. Created testing requirements and implemented tests. Created regression tests for customer reported problems.
- Responded to 100% of emails and phone calls within one business day.
Nov 1994 to Feb 1996: Macnifisense, Inc. – Customer Support Specialist
Provide email, phone, and in person hardware and software customer support from a three person computer support and solutions provider business. Helped take requirements for customer’s custom solutions, providing financial and order data to in-house employees. Evaluated client’s current systems compared to business needs and developed recommendations for new hardware and software to meet their current and future needs. Directly responsible for all Internet services, including server setup, maintenance, web page layout, and site design. Generated reports and performed queries pertaining to data within databases. Supported database software and users via telephone and email. Instructed users on operation of databases and software
- Within six months, launched 100% of our customer’s web sites, enabling them to have access to their custom applications on the web.